Friday, May 15, 2009

Hong Kong - Day 1

Sorry for taking so long to blog about this. I will take this one day at a time. Since we are moving back home so quick, we wanted to do one more big trip. So since Labor day here is May 1, we took a long weekend trip to Hong Kong.

I thought the Singapore airport was amazing. Hong Kong is just as impressive. Can't think of an airport in the US that as well organized and run as these two.

We took the train into the city and decided we would start in Kowloon. Hong Kong is an island just south of the mainland. Kowloon is just north but very close. We took the Star Ferry wish has been in operation for over 100 years.




Went to a couple of museums and grabbed some dinner...Outback Steakhouse. Still can't get these boys to eat local food.

As we walked around we found this sign.



So if it is flooded, what exactly are we supposed to do?

Then we went to a street market. This is the place where my wallet was stolen. We were walking around looking at all the things for sale and I realized my wallet was not in my front pocket anymore. I knew I needed to be careful and always thought I would be aware of what was happening. So much for that. I felt absolutely nothing. So that was the end of our first night as we had to run back to the hotel and cancel all my credit cards. Sure enough they had charged at least three charges on each of cards I had.



So our first night ended abruptly and I was trying not to be as grumpy as I wanted to be. Terri was fantastic. Telling me I wasn't stupid and that we needed just to get this done and enjoy the rest of the time we had. I have a great wife.

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

You are right about that last sentence.